Sunday, March 15, 2009

Where "Say It, Mom!" comes from


"Say it! Mom" is a phase that is shouted often in my house. It is then followed by a "Say it slowly," then a "Say it faster", then a "Say it louder." Cannon likes to have you repeat to him what he has said to you, and then it becomes a game. This equals me saying a phase like "There are clouds today" about a hundred times slowly, faster, and louder. When we are driving in the car and Cannon sees something interesting he will say, "Look, there is a school bus." and I will say, I see it." That is followed by a, "Say it, Mom!" shouted loudly. Then I will repeat, There is a school bus." and so on. Brian and I have started doing this to one another to make sure that we hear what the other is saying.

3 comments:

  1. Good job sinking under peer pressure to do a blog :) Yay! Now all the sisters are on. Wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice that I had to find you through Lindsay! Haha!! Cute picture of Cannon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the little games we play...both for our kids and for our husbands. But it is a really good idea, seeing as most of our communication problems come from both of us NOT saying anything.

    Cute blog. Glad you're on!

    ReplyDelete